Friday, June 11, 2010

Look what crawled out of the closet!

My son is lying on his bed complaining that he's bored and it's day 1 of summer break. So this morning, I opened up a fresh can of kick ass and had them clean the house top to bottom. Now I'm stuck in my daughter's room. Sort of like playing Candyland and landing on a sticky licorice and loosing a turn.

The room is like a snow globe except instead of snow, it's Barbie clothes, sticky Popsicle sticks, books, puzzle pieces, socks, plastic beads and a blanket full of cat hair. And it appears as though someone picked up her room and shook it hard.

I did find two Icelandic sweaters on the floor of her closet that would be interesting to try and copy.
The hood, in particular, is appealing to me. Whoever knit this thing has some talent. It may have been a relative. Not sure. It's too small for my kids now. Belle wore it this winter a few times but wouldn't stand the itchiness for long.
The other was also hand made, but is falling apart on one side. Not sure how to handle that. I may frog it and salvage the yarn?? Old Lopi. But it may just pull to pieces when I unravel it all.
Until next time . . .

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

It was actually cold enough last night to wear those at the Lacrosse field.

livnletlrn said...

well, here's what happens when there's boredom and a messy room at our house:

http://livnletlrn.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-spy-bunch-of-loons.html

mebbe that'll scare your kid into tidiness!

nah. didn't think so.

Senja said...

My daughters room is just like that too! Must be a girl thing.

Love those lopi sweaters, neato hood!

If I wasn't a knitter that last sentance would sound weird:)

Guinifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marit said...

Still cold enough here too to use a Lopi-sweater...mine is in the car in case I might need it...;-) I like the one with the hood! I'm not sure how easy it is to unravel lopiyarn?

Leslie said...

We had very similar clouds after a storm this week...and a double rainbow, too!