Friday, June 25, 2010

Still in Aspen

We're still out west, having a ball with Grandpa.  (He is hosting me and the kiddos - poor hubby is home with a sick dog with a shaved head and a plastic cone around his neck . . . the dog, not hubby.)

finding a fishing hole
a small grave in a beautiful, quiet spot, Ute Cemetery

Anyway, we have spent a few days hiking around town.  Just east of town, you can hike through an old cemetery and then down to the Roaring Fork and through the aspen trees.  It's quiet and green and warm, with wildflowers in their peak. 

This afternoon, I'll take more wildflower pictures and some shots of my new green sock yarn.

Here and there, I've managed to get a wee bit of knitting done.  This is a secret gift for a friend that I'll try to finish this weekend.

I started my next project called Baby Cable Yoke Jacket by Cotton and Cloud.  I was inspired by Picerfic who whipped out two of these babies.  (By the way, the pattern is one of THE best written patterns - she has links on her pdf to video tutorials online - brilliant!)

I'm using Cascade Yarns 220 Paints / Hand Dyed in "Paradise Beach" (9843).  I started this coat a while back but after about 5 inches, I had to frog and rip.  I am really excited to start this but forgot my cable needle, so I'm off to that GORGEOUS yarn shop to pick up a little one. 

It's going to be another sunny day.  Happy knitting and happy happy glorious summer to all of you! 

4 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

OH my!! Beautiful photographs!! Love that top one.

What a tranquil spot to vacay in! I'm sorry to hear about the dog...I hope he's feeling better!

Caroline said...

I love, love, love Aspen. The air is so fresh. It sounds like you're having a blast. So sad about doggy and hubby, but happy to hear that hubby isn't the one with the shaved head:)

Guinifer said...

That is one giant ball of yarn.

I like the color.

Tiffi said...

LOVE the pictures!!
Blow up the one of Belle (or make into a poster) & hang it in her room... SO cute!
I love the barn too!!
Hope you are home safe & sound...what happened to Leo? I thought your hubby was headin' Upnorth???