Sunday, June 6, 2010

So as I was saying,

"Olive Pink"
It has been a while since I've been a consistent blogger. It's about time I get back on board and catch up on all of your blogs. My knitting mojo just went ~VOOOP~ out the window, but the winds are shifting and I think I may be ready to pick up the needles again.

In honor of baby Olive, I am going to try and knit a gown/blanket or hat every month. This June will be a yellow gown. I'm sort of improvising as I go and if it turns out, I'll type up the pattern for Olive Branch website in case anyone is interested. (Blurry pics because I can't find my other camera. . . sorry.)

I have a load of new stuff. I won (YES WON!!) this gorgeous skein of sassy yarn from Karoline Knits. It is destined for a girlie hat for my daughter. THANKS KAROLINE! It's a whopping skein of ABC's Creative Pursuits Fiber hand-dyed "Licorice Twist". And it is as delicious in person as it looks.

I also treated myself to this darling little glass charm. I can't own real chickens . . . yet . . . but I can wear one around my neck! This is a little glass chicken on a nest with tiny little wood beads that look like brown eggs. I ordered it from the famous Glastonbury Glassworks ... also a baker extraordinaire. It's creator is married to the even more famous and wonderful Live and Let Learn - mistress of creativity.
~ again, sorry for the crappy picture ~



Some cloud blue yarn I bought on sale. Compulsive. Any ideas?
On a tip from a friend, I stopped by a garage sale and the kind woman sold me all of this yarn for $10. The pink and blue will be donated to people who knit stuff for Olive Branch. The purple may be a Tangled Yoke Cardigan.
Now how is that for catching up. One last parting shot. We were out in New York for a Twins/Yankee game (we won the trip). We were trying to get on the field after the game when I turned to see Billy Baldwin. I panicked and started off in the opposite direction (I can't explain that. . . it's just what I do) and my husband says, in a loud voice, "Billy!! How the hell have you been?" And Billy went along with it, even going so far as to ask, "Did we act together?" OMG! The gloating that followed. The picture was taken by a friend because at this point I was hiding behind some seats . . . mortified.

It's kind of fun to be married to someone for 13 years and know that he can still surprise me!

Love ya!
Rani

ps. I think I just might finish that EZ sweater. It needs to be put to rest and given away. It makes me cry just to look at it.

4 comments:

livnletlrn said...

heh heh...mistress of creativity.

that story about your dh and billy totally cracks me up.

jane said...

me too... and those socks look soooo cozy!

Caroline said...

Well, Id say your post kind of encapsulates life. It's such a mix of happiness, sadness, and silliness! It's so sad about Olive, but it also says so much about you that you want to use your family's grief to help ease other families' grief in the future. On a light side, Your husband cracks me up too.. And So glad you got the yarn and like it.

Guinifer said...

The Baldwin was just the icing on the posty-cake!