Friday, June 4, 2010

THANK YOU!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and comments regarding my niece. My sister and her husband are doing really well. They are keeping busy and reaching out when they need it. Our gardens are full of pink this year in memory of little Olive.

I have started a blog specifically for the clothing needs of hospitals for these little babies and their families. It is not public yet because I'm still working on putting it all together. It's very ROUGH DRAFTish. But I do have some links including patterns for sewing, knitting and crochet - hats, blankets and gown ideas. So go ahead and check it out. Let me know if you have any suggestions - PLEASE. I can't really wrap my brain around it yet. Here is the link: Olive Branch (or should it just be called Olive Branch??).

Again, thank you so much. It really is so touching to hear from all of you. My sister is also moved by how supportive you have been. I'm really surprised at how that little baby could have such an impact on my emotions. I'm just the aunty and I have moments of grief that wave over me - just like 'they' always say. Something will remind me of her and her mommy and daddy and big sister and I just choke up. Like right now. Time for the tissues.

I will be back with some major knitting. I have almost finished that stupid baby sweater. I started some golf club covers (I'll explain later) and I'm designing a burial gown for June. I'll try to complete one every month. I'll post pictures in the next few days.

In the meantime, thank you for reading my wordy post and for being the cool awesome people that you are.

Sincerely,

Rani

2 comments:

marit said...

Take care.

Hugs, Marit

randi K design said...

I am so sorry to hear these said news. Two of my daughters are expecting, one in July and one in October. And yes, we all look so forward to their arrival, and no one wants to dwell with the fact that a lot can happen before that time....
Sadly, every now and then it does. In fact I have been their myself some years ago. Here is a big hug from a stranger down south, just showing that I care...