Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

Hold your breath.  No don't.  That's not a healthy thing to do unless your diving for oysters or riding in the car with a couple of tweenage boys who have eaten nothing but hot dogs and grilled steaks with marshmallows for two days and have also decided to take off their shoes.  But I digress . . .

I have a big announcement. 

It's another FO.  I know.  "So soon?" you ask.  Well.  This here hat was started, oh, somewhere back in 2007.  I finished the damn thing but never wove in the ends.  My GOD, what is wrong with me?  My middle kid, Lumpy, found it covered in dust and whatnot and demanded that he wear it to the cabin and then to school.

I let it go out the door this weekend atop his fair little head, watching those little yarny threads dangling about.  I simply could not take it anymore.  I chased the kid down, sewed those little varmints into the backside, WASHED, and blocked the darn thing. Presto - Finished Object!

Isn't it darling?

I named it "Lorraine Cap" because it was Lorraine that first dared me to get off my spreading tushy and try my hand at cables.  Love them.

I think I may cast on for another in green.  Hmmmm.  I do have a few more UFO's to plow through first.  Oh, but the temptation is strong, my friends.  Very strong.

Pattern: Aran Watch Cap by Charlene Schurch
Plymouth Yarn Galway Worsted
US 7

7 comments:

Guinifer said...

A Packers hat?

Willow said...

Great looking hat. And cute kid. Knitting season here in SoCal is so different. I haven't knitted much the past 4 weeks--too warm. Knitting is one of the few reasons I'd consider moving north...

wildtomato said...

*clap, clap, clap*

marit said...

Weaving in ends? Boooring! If I don't do it immmediately, it's "never" done!

Great hat, btw! Love it when the kids asks for or wears handknits!

livnletlrn said...

Looks like someone has finishitis!

I think that's one of the best hat patterns EVER.

Anne Marie said...

Summer has left our building too!!! But I still keep on lingering with summer for a post or two more. Besides this weekend we are going back to Barcelona for a wedding (someone elses wedding this time).

With your warm red hat winter is welcome though!

Leslie said...

Yay,another FO! I frogged three last week and now I need to start afresh on something new...