Thursday, September 2, 2010

WIP's

I heard an interesting expression lately: "A bloodhound can't catch a single rabbit if he's chasing eight rabbits at the same time."

There I was - over on Ravelry, organizing my projects, putting them in order of WIP (Works In Progress).  This resulted in a shocking realization.  I have eleven works in progress . . . ELEVEN.  And most of them are 75% complete.  Their almost done!  What is going on here? I know I'm a procrastinator and a bit compulsive, but eleven UFO's (unfinished objects) seems a bit excessive, don't you think?

I publicly pledge to finish these 11 projects before I even THINK of starting something new.  Here they are in no particular order.

Spider Web Doily
Small Shawl
Basic Boot Socks
Baby Cable Yoke Sweater
Baby Surprise Jacket
Central Park Hoodie
Baby Selbu Mitts
Luciole Mini-Shawl
Baby Wrap
Bunty Bunny Rabbit
Alan Dart Jultomtar's

5 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Having that many UFOs would give me a full blown panic attack. I get twitchy when there are more than four, which is about where I am right now, although 2 are socks, so that sort of doesn't count, right? Right.

Looks like at least a few of yours could be finished in such a short time. Get them off the needles and into the FO pile, woman! Think of it as getting a jump on the xmas gift stash!

PJS said...

wow... that's a big commitment to make... can't wait to see some FO's soon then! Your central park hoodie is so close to finished it's ridiculous.... get it finished so you have a snug cardi in time for autumn!

Heidelweiss said...

Oh NO! I was just thinking the same thing and I have 4. I commanded (only joking) my knitting group to help me finish them. They said no. It makes me crazy when I think about them. WHY do I do it?! It's so dumb. I just get bored at the end and put them down to pick up something more exciting... again, and again, and again. Must finish!

wildtomato said...

You can do it! I decided, oh perhaps a year ago, to only work on 1 or 2 projects at a time. It keeps me sane and it helps me to whip out the FOs quicker. Of course, I'm working on that darn crocheted afghan that is going to take me a millennium to finish, so I'm getting really twitchy.

Guinifer said...

Yep. Time to pick one and just go to town on it.