Monday, June 4, 2007

Crafts and Pointy Hats

We're getting our 'summer crafts' in order - anticipating the last day of school this week. Two articles were suggested to me at Knitty (here and here). Thanks for those suggestions! So we will be trying to dye our own self striping yarn and I'll knit up some thick warm socks . . . or one of these:

I found the pattern in this book - which I got from the library and LOVE. I'm going to buy this one. It's the best knitters self-help book I've come across so far with everything form sizing charts, to finishing instructions.

The pattern is called "Tweedy Pointed Hat" and it only took a few hours to make from beginning to end (big fat US 13 needles). They're rustic and perfect for the cabin.

Hubby gets the first one because the hat turned out way too big for my kids or myself.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those hats would look awesome on my boys. I'll have to check it out. Have fun with the kool aid dyeing.

Heather said...

nice!! I have to go find that book!

Lorraine said...

Such a cute hat. I've checked that book out of the library, too. It had several wonderful patterns, besides being such a good visual reference book.

Are you cabling yet (wicked grin)?