Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My New Best Friend.

This is a little cabled jacket that I'm knitting.  It is a well written pattern and it knits up quickly.  I also discovered a little cable needle that I'm in love with.  It was a cheap little thing - 2 bucks.  You have all probably seen this type of cable needle, but it was new to me.
 It's U shaped with one side longer than the other.  It took me a while to figure out why.  Put your stitches on the shorter side of the cable needle,


flip it down, out of your way,


then use the longer side to knit off the needle.  Voila!  I LOVE this thing!

4 comments:

Erica said...

That looks like it will be a very fun and enjoyable knit :D

Guinifer said...

That's what I used on my very first cable project. I loved it until it became lost - and I never did buy another.

wildtomato said...

That's my favorite cable needle form factor! I had the other ones, the type that stick out straight with a notch in the middle, but they were annoying. Always in my way.

PJS said...

Oh yeah! I have seen other people with thesecable needles, I keep meaning to get me one of em....hmmm... Makes so much sense, I have tonnes of cable needles and never feel totally happy with any of them.

Looks like nice wool you are using too.

Oh yeah.... I didn't post about Rafaela because I felt like she was all I blogged about and I didn't want people to get sick of me wittering on about my little monster. She's doing great, I'll post some pics of her on my next entry.