Friday, September 28, 2007

EZ Knitting!

It's finished! The Elizabeth Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater. (Specs found here)


Ok, so it's not technically done. Sew on buttons, weaved in ends, seam the arms. It will be presented this weekend at my niece's baptism. I'll post pictures tomorrow night. Wait until you see this kid. She is so cute she'll knock your hand-knit socks off.

LOVE - Did I say that loud enough . . . LOVE my Waterfall socks. When they're done, I'll give the full details. You can also see all this goop on Ravelry . . . but I think you have to be a member.


Recognize that lovely little stitch marker? From Lorraine at Of Faith and Fiber
I'm leaving on a jet plane without hubby and kids. Since I won't have to be taking children to the restroom every 20 minutes, juggling juice boxes, refereeing Gameboy arguments, playing Polly Pockets . . . you get the picture . . . I will be bringing this project along:Nancy Bush's "Child's First Sock" from Vintage Socks. (It's actually an adult sock). I was inspired by this lovely version from Cosmopolitan Purls. The yarn I'm using is Sweet Sheep
Project Spectrum Sock Club yarn. Color: Vampire - And by the way, it is the softest wool I have ever felt. It's like silk.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Very cute baby sweater! Also? the socks are awesome. Where do you get to fly to?

Michelle said...

Oh that's my favorite colour! I can't wait to see them!

knitting elephant said...

The sweater turned out perfectly! Great job!! I'm so jealous of a child-free flight that words don't express. :-) Enjoy your time, wherever you're going.

Heather said...

Man, you're gettting a lot of knitting done! I'm very jealous over here!!!

marit said...

That baby jacket is SO cute!
Have a great childfree trip:-)