Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Knittin' North Woods Style

My parents returned from a trip to Europe this week (Welcome Home!) and brought me a present: YARN!
You can buy this stuff right here in the States, but it's about half the price in Germany. The tan-colored Opal is cotton, but it feels/looks like wool. Can't wait to knit this into socks.

I finished Lunker's socks just in time. The weather turned cold today. He wore t
hem to bed last night. I found them crumpled up there, on the family room floor this morning.
SPECS:
Yarn: On Liue (?) Supersocke 100
Color - Nepal
Needles: #2
CO 48 for small adult/child size 3/4
Pattern: Don't need one anymore! WHOOO HOOOO! (basic sock)

Proof that I was on that camping trip:
That's me in the front kayak.

Lumpy (7 years) thinks that every dead-head (log) he sees in the water is a beaver. We tease him about it, but look at this! Log or Beaver?

IT'S A LOG!
View from Campsite
Final shot - paddling home.

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

I love the sunlight shots off the tips of the waves. Looks like a beautiful trip. Thanks to moms and dad for the yarn huh? Very nice.

Abril said...

I have yet to try camping (hiking or going outdoors) in Minnesota, but it looks like fun!
The log still looked to me like an animal, even in the close up, see? I don't go out that much ;-)

marit said...

That campingtrip sounds like a lot of fun. Beautiful pictures!
And thank you for your comment on my blog- your'e welcome to join me any day-LOL!!!

Wool Girl said...

WOW! What beautiful weather you had! I love it when the weather is just gorgeous like that, with a little bit of crispness in the air. My perfect time of year!

Wool Girl said...

What gorgeous weather you had! I love it when we have these days that are just gorgeous, with just a touch of fall crispness to them, don't you? I love this time of year!

Kathleen said...

Your photos are making me homesick! Although I'm not from your area, I do miss the Rockies and the rivers, and the prairie. Beautiful photos!