Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A piece of knit-heaven

I know, I know. I keep changing the look of my blog. It seemed too cold for me, so I had to warm it up a bit. Perhaps it's because today, the wind is up, the leaves are flying past my window and the chickadees are congregating around our bird feeders. Autumn is laying itself at our feet.

You know how I said I would never master cables? Well, a sweater siren has appeared on my radar and I am having a hard time resisting.I 'borrowed' this picture from Lion Brand's web site. It is from their latest catalog. It is "ME". I love it. I want it. I just don't want to knit it. It's all cables!! sigh.

I also decided to order this pattern which Guinifer so graciously shared on her blog. It will be years until I can do these things, but fun to think about.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

OMG, the dress is gorgeous! I want it! But, like you, I don't want to knit it, at least not with the cables. I wonder if there is some other stitch pattern that could be used and turn out just as nicely? What if it were all ribbed? Or part of it smocked? Hmmmm.....i need to look at their catalog!

Guinifer said...

I am cabling away on my Arwen - it helps to keep the stockinette interesting...

knitting elephant said...

They're both very pretty cabled clothing, aren't they!? I say go for it, but keep one or two sock-like projects for when you're all cabled-out!

Heather said...

oh, girl... didn't anyone tell you?? You can do anything you put your mind to do. It is just a bit of rearranging of the stitches... Maybe you don't like it enough to justify the effort, but you could if you wanted.

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater! I am also quite fond of the new picture you used for your banner and the milk chocolate color background -- I'm searching for a dove chocolate as soon as I am done here...

Hey if I call you on my birthday and act hurt that you didn't remember it will you tackle those cables and knit me a sweater??!!

On a serious note, wonderful photography and really cool knitting projects. I am so impressed at how much you get done.

Jillsknit said...

The Lion Brand sweater and dress are beautiful! Now I have another thing to add to the list.
Cables are easy if you take them one cable at a time! Go for it...

marit said...

Your new layout looks great- but then you could do anything to it just as long as you keep THE VIEW!
Don't fear cables- just try it- but you might want to try it on a pair of gloves or socks first! It is really fun to knit cables though!

Lorraine said...

Hey, considering how far you've come, you'll look back and wonder at your cable phobia in no time.

I befriended you at Ravelry today! Yup, I'm in!

Heather said...

I say go for it! You'd DEFINITELY know how to do cables by the time you were finished with either of those! They are gorgeous!!! I also really like the look of your blog - very down to earth!