Friday, September 7, 2007

Off To School and Knittin'

I am finally putting myself to the grindstone and knitting a sweater for my niece, who turns one in about 20 days. Yes, true to form, I have procrastinated until the very last minute. I've had a year to do this.

So here is last nights progress on Elizabeth Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater. I wish I could photocopy the pattern and show you just how "pithy" (her words) they are. sigh.
And as a pleasantly timed distraction, I received another "Sock-of-the-Month" color - this one is "Milk Chocolate" which means I will be knitting another pair for K-hubby, who, by the way, got mad at me when I told him I was making a chocolate zucchini cake (thanks Lorraine) because he said it shouldn't't be done. Silly Chocoholic. It turned out great by the way and I caught him at 11:30 last night finishing it off with his bare hands, thank you very much.



Got the kids successfully out the door and off to school this week. So far so good!



5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Mwahahaha! There are always ways to sneaking veggies into the diet of "some people". I just wish my oven was fixed so I could make another one. Mental note: call repairman!

knitting elephant said...

I've made a couple of the Feb sweaters, so feel free to ask questions--maybe I'll even be able to answer them! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! Thanks for visiting my blog...sorry it was a whiny post :) I'm getting professional help (heehee) next week on this sweater. I will DEFINITELY try to help you once I figure out how to do it. I'll keep your email in my in-box to remind me. Good luck!

Heather said...

OMG - chocolate zucchini cake is WONDERFUL!!! I bet if you hadn't told him there was zucchini in there, he'd have eaten it even more quickly!

Your family is absolutely beautiful. The kids look very cute and happy on their first day of school!

Kathleen said...

Wow - school. Is it that time already? What a cutie you've got there!

I enjoy making sweaters, but with yarns of worsted weight or bigger. luckily, a sweater for a one-year-old isn't very big. I think I must just get too impatient to see the end result. i'm working on a shawl in lace weight yarn, and it's taking me forever to get it finished.