Thursday, April 5, 2007

How hard can it be?

Ok, I'm about to design my first pair of stockings. Yes, you heard that right. Stockings. Not socks. AND, hold on to your seats, Nordic Ski Stockings. All by myself. How hard can it be? I mean, if men (and I can say this - I live with three of them) can do things like build rockets and sometimes pick out their own clothes in the morning, then why can't I create these amazing socks.

I did not get permission to use this photo, so I sure hope I don't get into trouble, but see those little white stockings with the red pattern? Don't I know a little girl who would look so cute in those very same socks? (By the way, the picture is from our very favorite author/illustrator Jan Brett who has yet to write a story about Iceland, but I digress). Don't I think that with my Elizabeth Zimmerman book by my side (thanks again, Heather), I could pull this off.

Does anyone know what I'd use for wool and where I'd get it, and what size needles and how big the gauge should be and . . .

1 comment:

Heather said...

You can do ANYTHING!!! Check out the book Folk Socks by Nancy Bush for some inspiration and some guidance... I don't know anything about Icelandic socks but there is a pair of Norwegian stockings in there that may get you started. Whoo-hoo! good for you!