Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Socks - Phase II

I'll be starting a sock class Thursday at Knit Wits. I signed up, got impatient, went to the library and figured out how to knit socks. So now, I'll be in a beginner sock class, but I know what I want to knit. And I'm so excited!

One idea I
'm going to keep for a suprise. But the other pair will be a green pair based on these cool socks I found on this Finnish blog Pieni Neuleblogi (It's all in Finnish, but really great pictures - talented knitter!) They're longer socks, so not exactly beginner socks. Plus, I will be graduating to real color! None of this self-striping sock yarn. (Look out, Icelandic grandmothers, here I come!) And I doctored the color on Photoshop so I could see what they looked like in green . . . although I think I like the purple/pink ones the best. (Picture from Minna's site).

No comments: