Friday, April 13, 2007

Painting Socks




I really like the Magic Loop method for these socks. Very fun. Easy to try on without breaking any needles or having to string onto yarn. The socks are for my 8 year old with big feet, and they are a bit snug. I'm using #1 needles (which I am happily getting used to) and Meilenweit yarn. The funky fun paintings seen behind the sock were done by a painter - Shannon Wing - who does REALLY cool art - women surfing . . . here is her site
and some of my favorite paintings!!!






I decided to use that gorgeous Noro yarn to make another scarf, despite that I had sworn I would never do that because of the cost. I cast on 40 stitches on US 9 and knitting two rows of each ball of yarn (so repeating three colors). I tried to start in on my NEW #9 magic loop, but it was too tricky and messy, so I'm knitting straight across, which I also said I'd never do. I will probably move it to my magic loop after a few more inches and just sew up the end.

If I have leftovers, maybe a small hat?

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

That is some gorgeous art.

Cute socks!