Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Sunday!

My mom and I finished our first knitting class (basic socks on the Magic Loop at Knit Wits). I think I'll knit all my socks this way.
Also, got a timely package of sock yarn from Carodan Farm I ordered this yummy cotton yarn to make these

and it looked big on my computer screen

but the skeins are teeny tiny. 50 grams per skein. oops. Will this be enough for two socks? I won't be able to make them as long.

And this funny bumble-bee yarn is self-striping HOGWARTS HOUSE YARN!!! YEAH! I'm using it to make socks for my Hogwarts Sock Swap. My secret Hogwart pal is in Hufflepuff.

4 comments:

renee said...

LOVE those colors for your stripey socks! I bought some of that Panda yarn too, but haven't tried it out yet. I'll be interested to see what you think.

Guinifer said...

I think I recognize that store behind you!

Depending on which pair of socks you are making (purple or pink), I do believe you may need one more skein of that Panda.

Kathleen said...

Hogwarts House? I've been away too long, I think. Where did you find that? I hope you make bumblebee socks first and take a photo of them! They sound like fun!

Heather said...

You took a class with your Mom?! How lucky you are! My mom wouldn't be caught dead doing something she hasn't done before. Give your Mom a squeeze for me!