Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fun for me, Boring for you.


Only my fellow knitting-geeks know the joys of receiving a package of yarn in the mail. Well, I got mine today!

Quick! We have company coming over in about 10 minutes, so I have to type fast . . . we've been gone all day, got home and found my package from
Patterworks. Oh Hooray! The yarn is PERFECTLY PERFECT!!!!! It has tiny flecks of light blue and dark pink. I'll try to get a close up before I roll it up. This will be the sweater for Baby Pineapple. (My first sweater!) It's Rowan Summer Tweed and when I called Patternworks, they had just these three left! How perfect is that!

Quick picture of the yummy yummy Noro yarn I bought, slowly turning into another beautiful Noro Scarf. Three repeating balls of yarn instead of two is a little more tricky, but I don't travel with this one. Also, I tried to move it to my magic loop . . . unsuccessfully. It's back onto the straight needles. I split the stitches 20/20 but changing color at the end means that the circle never closes. . . hmmmm. After I had it back on straight needles, I realized I could probably do this if I split the stitches differently. I'll work it out. As my sisters like to say to me, FUN FOR YOU! BORING FOR ME!

ps. Also in the yarn package is the white and red sock yarn for my . . . achem . . . nordic sock - admittedly, I'm a big talker and I'm terrified to start this project as I have little idea what I'm doing.

No comments: