Monday, April 9, 2007

FFFUUUUUUdge!

*@#%* I'll keep it clean, but I'm uttering explicatives that are not part of my spell check. My Choco-socks got totally messed up last night and when I tried to pull out several rows, I discovered that it's nearly impossible to thread the stupid-tiny stitches of ribbing back onto the stupid-tiny needles. And my patience wore thin - I had a momentary fit in which I ripped the whole sock out. Then I swore off knitting forever. Deep breath. Deep breath. sigh. Then I went to the knitting store this morning and bought some more stuff.

Not knitting related - my six year old decided it was time to run away from home this weekend. So off he went with his suitcase and, more importantly, his tackle box. This is his sister crying and watching from the window, hoping for his timely return home.

And I went to the library and got out Nancy Bush's Folk Sock book to try and design my Nordic socks. These are the kind of socks/pattern I've been looking for on the web and can't find any links anywhere!! I thought they'd be much more common. Mine will be MUCH more simple, but someday, I'll work up to these.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those #1's get easier with repeated use - really.

Lorraine said...

And the yarn can be salvaged. Let me know if you want help. I'm a pro at picking up those *(#@ stitches again and you know where to find me on Saturdays.