Friday, July 6, 2007

Big Foot

(These are kool-aid dyed socks on worsted weight wool, using size 6 needles @ 5 stitches per inch - co 40.)

NO! I have not finished Chocosocks. But they are coming along. I took a break from monotonous-size-1-brown-wool knitting to finish one of Lunker's sock. Despite being only 8 years old, he wears a size 4. It reminds me of our friends who bought a "cockapoo" from a disreputable breeder. The tiny black puppy had paws the size of saucers. It turned into more of a cockaNEWFY. (a bit larger than expected). Lunker will be a very big man someday.

Hope all had a good 4th of July! We spend the day at this beach with family and friends.

HA HA HA! I got this comment today suggesting the best idea for my yarn (that I won in a contest).

Lorraine said:

"oh, oh, oh! I have a thought for the yarn. Do you remember dickies? The little turtlenecks with just a flap in front and back that you wore under another sweater. So weird! Oh my goodness, wouldn't that be a hoot!


'kay, maybe not."

Happy July! See you on Monday.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Great sock, and it seems you had lots of water-y fun! I agree...no more dickies!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ran!
In the pic with your kids in the water, that's me Shanny is coming to hug. Your blog is cute and here I am visitng like I said I would. Hope to see you soon!
xo
your other big sister

Wool Girl said...

Ha! A friend of mine actually knit a dickie last year - until then I didn't think people were actually still wearing them! :) Your vacation looks like loads of relaxation and fun with the kids!

Lorraine said...

Great times! But today is the day to be in the water, I think! What a scorcher it's going to be.

Still pondering the yarn dilemma, if a dickey isn't quite right. ;-D

Kathleen said...

I forgot all about dickies. That's really a great idea! I think I might give one a try, after I get all my other things started. The green sock is great! Ah, there's another thing I need to get on my list o' planned projects - socks.