Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!

Kathleen asked me what dreams I had for my new yarn that I won. Did I mention that I won a contest? Well, to answer her question, I'd like to knit up one of these snazzy outfits, but there isn't enough yarn. But what I really envision is a pair of knee-highs I can wear with a short miniskirt and a pair of Mary Janes. Just like Jan and Marsha (ok, and myself back in 1976). Again, there's not enough yarn and I don't own a mini-skirt. I will take suggestions. It's such lovely, lovely yarn. sigh. Would you like to see another picture of the yarn I won? I won it in a contest. Did I say that already? Came in 4th.Brady Bunch yarn by White Oak (I won it on Woolgirl!)
Happy 4th of July! Happy Independence Day! Be back on Friday!!

(Fireworks Carnage)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you & yours! Great yarn! The mention of the Brady Bunch brought back some strange 70's flash backs though-LOL!

Lorraine said...

Wow, looks like our driveway and street. Only we didn't pile ours up all neatly like that. Ours was scattered from curb to curb. Nothing like doing a flashlight hunt for all the garbage at 11:30 pm.

Lorraine said...

oh, oh, oh! I have a thought for the yarn. Do you remember dickies? The little turtlenecks with just a flap in front and back that you wore under another sweater. So weird! Oh my goodness, wouldn't that be a hoot!

'kay, maybe not.

Wool Girl said...

Well, I know where there might be more of this if you get an inkling to do the knee highs. :)