Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Just some business.


I sent off my Secret Hogwarts Sock Swap package to my secret pal. It was so fun. To see pictures, click here.

I finished knitting Lunker's kool-aid dyed soc
ks. They're a bit big, but room to grow can't be too bad. Only one pair left to knit. I think I'll make stockings with the last ball of yarn - for my youngest. She wanted dark pink, but we got a lot of red.
And I've been honored with this fun award by Guinifer:If you're awarded, you're to name 5 more blogs that you love. I'll do this on Wednesday because this blog is getting long and my kids are hungry. (Bad mom!)

One more thing. I don't have cable, so I heard this from my mom. There are knitting shows on tv!
Knitty Gritty (with some fun scarf ideas) and Knit One Purl One. Both on DIY network.

I have been on the wait list for Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks from the library. I've heard so many references to this book from other bloggy friends. So anyway, I'm perusing through, looking at the lovely photos of even lovelier socks when I begin to notice that every pattern is either on a size 1 or size 0 needle. Is she kidding me?! Not so lovely any more, huh? In fact - there is even a pattern for a size 00 needle. (For those of you who don't knit and have actually read this far - size 00 needles means that you knit with toothpicks).I don't care how much a person loves another person. That other person will NEVER appreciate handmade socks make on size 00 needles and this sucker is NEVER about to make them. Hmph.
I think those vintage socks with lopi and huge needles are beginning to look very nice.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wah! I don't get the DIY network! I'd love to watch some knitting shows and pick up a fewnew techniques, but unfortunately, that isn't one of my cable choices.

I've been receiving threatening posts from an anonymous person, haven't figured out how to handle it yet, and so I'm going private on my blog for a bit.

Heather said...

Wow, we don't have cable either, it has been about more than 7 years and my friends think I am a freak and don't know how I survive! Our family room tv is also a 13 year old 19 inch cheapy from college days. I don't know how I manage! (maybe fios hispeed internet and google?) DIY has a website, fyi.