Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ode to Joy!

Beethoven's Ode to Joy
The Hallelujah Chorus
A Rowdy Cancun Spring Break
A New York New Years
The end scene in Caddyshack

Mix this all up in your brain and you'll see what my brain feels like right now . . .
all because of THIS:



You got it! The Chocosocks are complete! They fit K's feet like a glove. I used the Jaywalker pattern suggested by Guinifer. Meilenweit sock yarn. (I didn't have the instructions with me for a clean kitchner stitch finish, but was happy with a two needle bind-off. I also didn't worry about shifting the stitches on the needles to keep the gauge the same but kept 21 stitches on each needles and can't tell a difference in the gauge at all.)

Best of all, I did not run out of yarn. Look at the close call!We had a great trip "up north" - here's Lumpy on the way home.


In-depth Star Wars discussion between Lunker and Lumpy.

Thanks Wool Girl for your non-wool suggestions. I'm going to get serious, now that the Chocosocks are in the finished bin.

See ya Friday!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad that K's chocosocks are done! Your timing couldn't be better as it is only suppose to hit 95 degrees today. Nothing like wool on a cool MN summer day. I have really enjoyed your blog Rani, however, you opened up a whole new world to me with all of these blogs... never in my life have I gotten less sleep. Yikes, not sure if I should thank you for the fun or curse you for the black circles under my eyes. Looking forward to your next knitting/life adventure.

Guinifer said...

They are gorgeous!!

Love the chocosocks!

I have to laugh, we call Kona Lumpy all the time.

Lorraine said...

Party, hearty, one and all! I'm rejoicing with you. Now knit something fun! That's an order.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks!

Heather said...

Yea!! completion. You know that is true love when you persevere thru rip and repeat!! *applause*

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on finishing the chocosocks! They turned out looking great and they fit, too! Heh, my husband's still waiting for his sweater.