Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shopping Spree

I had the funniest morning. I went to our local yarn store Coldwater Collaborative, for their sale and ran into two other bloggies. We had never met! Guinifer (who has just recovered from a self-imposed 'no new yarn' diet), and a new friend from Wound Too Tight. What a laugh. We missed Lorraine!

Anyway, so I managed to buy too much yarn, but what can I say. We knitters are
like kids in a candy store. And the candy was 30% off. Let's take a peek in my bag of goodies and see what we find . . .

First, some yummy yummy yarn that I may turn into an EZ February baby sweater. It's from Wool in the Woods and it's a Cotton/Rayon mix (reminds me of Rowan Summer Tweed).

I am fascinated by the way some yarn is spun. Look at these close-ups. I wonder if it will look as cool once it's knit. I'll admit - sometimes I like the yarn best at this stage. So much potential!

There was the problem of not being able to decide between two colors . . . so I bought both.

Noro was on sale! YES, you heard correct! This is some I've never tried before. It reminds me of the bracelets we used to make out of embroidery floss back in my FREE TO BE YOU AND ME days. I have no idea what to do this this. It was just too lovely (and on sale).



Finally, I found the yarn I'll use for my Hogwarts Sock Swap II. It's actually not as pink as this picture conveys, but it's the true Scarlet of Gryffindor! That's the house my secret pal is in. She may check my blog, so I'll have to keep this fairly vague.

Only 32 1/2 hours until I start reading the Last Harry Potter Book!!!!! - yes, I'm picking up my copy at 12:01 AM - I also preordered a book from Amazon, but it may not be delivered until Saturday afternoon! Precious reading time would be lost!

See you on MONDAY!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great haul! Wish I'd been able to get over there this morning.

Deb said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It was fun meeting you today. Wish you could have stayed for a bit of coffee and chit chat with us. Maybe another time.

Guinifer said...

You forgot to mention your sock yarn is Jitterbug!

Funny morning - I thought I'd see Deb, but I didn't expect to see anyone else - who knew? You missed the pile of yarn I walked out with - I may be heading right back to that yarn diet - I'm more productive when I'm fasting!

acromant said...

OOOH, Bubblie, I soooooo HEART the sneak peak you just gave! It looks yummy!!!! :O)

You-Know-Who

Wool Girl said...

Gorgeous yarn! Love those sales!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous. I was at Coldwater at 8 am but went over budget within 30 minutes and wandered down the road to the bead store and Lake Minnetonka to snap photos of Gnorm.

Bummed I missed ya'll.