Monday, April 16, 2007

Cotton Candy


Here is the close-up of Rowan Summer Tweed #526 Angel. It looks like cotton candy. The texture looks scratchy, but it's really quite soft. It's lighter pink than the web-site pic.

So without further delay, here is a picture of the back of the sweater. One decrease calls for (knit 2 tog, knitting through the back loop). I have NO idea what that means, so I just made something up. I knit the loops going in with my right needle in back. Sounds logical, and quite frankly, I can't tell the difference.


The pattern is from this book:

3 comments:

renee said...

Sounds like you made the decrease exactly right. You just insert the right hand needle in the back of the next two loops, going from right to left and knit this together, instead of the regular way of inserting the right hand needle into the next two stitches in the front of the loops, going from left to right. It's a similar decrease to SSK.

Lorraine said...

Great progress on the sweater so far.

Have you checked out knittinghelp.com for instructions on things you don't know? I love their website. Even after knitting for 30 years, I learn new things there.

Heather said...

ohh, I bet that is fun to knit! and isn't it great knitting for the little ones? it goes so quickly and they just look cute, no complaining. :)