Saturday, April 7, 2007

Lesson #1

Did I learn something new at my first knitting class? YES! The tail-cast-on (I guess I didn't learn what it's actually called). This method proved to be much easier than I had anticipated.

The bad news: I wanted to knit really cool striped socks (my own stripes, not yarn-self-striping stuff). But they didn't have colors I liked. Hmph. So I bought this instead and decided to knit socks for Mr. Moody, my 8 year old. I was grumbling until I figured out how easy and fun the magic loop needles are and how truly entertaining self-striping yarn can be - especially when pulled from inside the ball. But they're too small and I'll have to pull them out and start over. sigh. GAUGE GAUGE GAUGE

So I did learn something and enjoyed myself - despite the fact that the teacher thought it would be great fun to start me out on #1 size needles.

My Choco-socks are kind of boring, but still coming along.

Oooh! And I ordered my yarn for my Nordic Stockings AND
ordered THE last three skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed from Patternworks so I can make this:

for her (my niece):

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Just found your blog - finally. Whew! I'm breathless, trying to catch up with all the knitting you've powered through lately. Sounds like you're having a blast. This is way easier than dragging everything to the dance studio for show and tell. ;-D