Friday, May 25, 2007

Have a memorable memorial weekend!!!

Hogwart's sock swap update:

I finished my second Noro scarf and I LOVE IT! Two skeins of Noro silk garden - found the pattern through this site. Let me know if you can't find it.

There was one tiny glitch in the yarn. That hasn't happened to me with Noro and it made me mad. There is a little knot in the yarn - gack! - and since it's a scarf, it's difficult to hide.

Also, thanks for the help regarding sizing knit garments for my kids. I will take all your advice and try this out! Courage!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

5 House Points to GRYFFINDOR!

Kathleen said...

beautiful colors in the scarf! I have never made socks. I suppose I should jump in and give it a try. Dpns are a little intimidating to me. I'll practice a little more on the hats and then get going on a pair of socks.

I think my green sweater will be cool with 3/4 length sleeves! I think I'll have enough yarn for that.

Lorraine said...

Did you frog the sock to get the stripes to line up? They look great. I haven't tried Noro yarn, yet. You're making me drool on my keyboard again.

Laura said...

oooh! Lookie those wonderfully stripey Hufflepuff socks! Oh,a nd contrary to your comment in the article, those aren't ugly! they're AWESOME!!!

Guinifer said...

I've actually had that problem with Noro quite a bit. I've never had to hide it in a scarf though.

The socks are looking great!