Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shock and Awe

I got my purse back from Ely. The nice people as Silver Rapids Lodge sent it via post. Everything safe and sound . . . especially my camera which I am addicted to, so I'm glad it's home.

Here is the yarn store in Ely - Sisu - where I bought the rusty yarn for my Monkey Socks. Also, I put new pictures on the Solvik sight.

This is not related to knitting, but it is so cool I have to share it! Has anyone seen these Driftwood Horses? Wow.

We humans can do some pretty amazing things, but also a lot of very stupid stupid things. Here is an example. It is a before and after shot of our lovely development going on next door.

It looks like a scene from World War II. I'll spare you the animal stories. It's just too much. We can thank Met Council for this. Oh, the good news is that the new home owners are apparently required to plant 3 trees per house - and there will be 64 houses. Really. That oughta fix it.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

THAT just makes me want to cry.

Kathleen said...

What a shame. It's too bad that contractors can't work around the trees, or maybe clear a portion, rather than devastating the whole area and then try to put someething where life once was.

Kathleen said...

The driftwood horses are beautiful! They look like paintings as they pose on the beach or in the stableyard. WOW.

Lorraine said...

Such a shame! At least the development behind my neighborhood is going in farm fields. Although, there is something sad about that, too.

Surviving recital weekend?