Sunday, May 20, 2007

Beloved Barometer

Well, chalk this up to experience. Remember my first Noro scarf?
Then I started the 2nd Noro scarf. The first time around, I knit it all wrong and I've just figured out why!!! The first time, I did a stockinette stitch and folded it lengthwise and sewed up the edge. DUH - So tedious! So I did what any decent knitter would do. I ripped this sucker out and started again . . . the right way.I did a bit of back-searching on Saartje's website - which is where I got the inspiration to make the first one. I found out I was doing this all wrong. She does a simple k1,p1. That's it! I feel such the fool!

So . . . without further ado - and some tedious ripping, I began again and I'm so happy I did.
I'm actually glad. The yarn is so expensive and I want it to be right. The new version is on two skeins (three was foolish . . . what was I thinking - oh, yeah - a longer scarf). Anyway, I love this scarf and I can't wait to make one for everyone I know. I'm going to keep this one for myself. Thank you Saartje. (Bye the way, she has a fabulous blog full of inspirations!)

Our beloved Barometer: This dog hates sleeping on our bed. We know a storm is coming when she collects the kids' stuffed toys and curls up with them on our bed. Fear factor for the poor old creature.

No comments: