Friday, May 18, 2007

Here's one for ya.

I seemed to have reversed the direction I was knitting for my Hogwart's Sock Swap socks. I'm not sure how I did this. There is one row that seems to be pointing in a different direction and this sock is somehow not working in the same direction as the one I made while taking my "magic loop" class. It's working just find except for that one row. Also, you can see where I picked up the gusset with a different color . . . ach - so much to learn. I also realize why one needs to have some of those sock models around. I don't want to try on my secret pal's socks! She might totally gross out! So I might make a pair from cardboard or something. Maybe I could even get her exact measurements . . .(picture from this ebay store) The kids are playing in our swamp. It's a shady, small 'seasonal' wetland and their cups of goop are so full of mosquito larvae that I want to vomit. MOSQUITO CONTROL! WHERE ARE YOU!!! They're usually here by now. I'll have to call. The kids think it's cool. Tight budget means no major gardening this spring, but I just can't do without a tomato plant or 2 or 3 or more. So I found a local nursery that has Brandywine tomatoes on sale. I'm going to declare all out war on any mouse/deer/racoon/mole/varmit/bug/squirrel/bunny or human that tries to taste these before I pick em. Last year, I lost the war, but this year I'm going to throw my organic gardening to the wind. I can't take it anymore. I live in a frickin' jungle and I'm comin' out on top this time. I'M GOING TO EAT MY OWN VEGETABLES! DON'T TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF IT!(that's 4-year-old fairy helper who told some lady that she couldn't help me carry stuff "cuz I hurt my arm flying.")