Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Stormy Weather


Finally - some rain will fall and I will finally come inside, continue knitting and update my blog.

Have I been in the garden? Nope. We naively signed up both boys for baseball,


and baby girl for soccer and spend every waking moment either at games or doing laundry for the next game. Phew. But it gets me out of my hermitage and forces me to be social . . . and sometimes to take a shower.

My sock swap socks are on the way. I'm sorry, but black and yellow are just yucky. I thought that some long stockings would be cool . . . you know, like quiddich socks or soccer socks, but this bumble-bee striping is just too much.

If I finish these, maybe I'll look for some cool self-striping sock yarn that has just a wee-bit of yellow and black mixed in - that I could pass of for Hufflepuff socks.

I also need to schedule time to visit the local bead shop in lovely downtown Excelsior and make some stitch holders for my secret pal.

There are frequent bolts of lightening right now and I swear I just felt a tingle in the hand that's using the mouse. I'm off!

ps. I'm currently not discussing the baby pink sweater.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

I kind of like the bumblebee socks...

Well, baseball gives you lots of knitting time - just bring one of those comfy chairs to sit in.

Lorraine said...

Frogging is hard, finishing projects we don't like is hard but thank heaven we have the dreams of the next project to inspire.

Laura said...

I quite like them. they're just wonderful for us Huffles. I really like the fact thatt hey're Old- style stripes!

neato banditio!