Monday, May 7, 2007

I pulled a Guinifer















I did it. I pulled a Guinifer. I've become an official yarn junkie and just dro
pped a weeks worth of grocery money on yarn I've never seen before. I joined the Project Spectrum Semi Solid Sock Club. (Hubby, if you check this. . . I'm really really sorry. I just couldn't help myself.) Then . . . joined Project Spectrum - which is free and just for fun. Hence the yellow pictures.

Please pass on any sock patterns that would be good for a person who just learned to do the basic sock this spring. I want to try so
mething new . . . but not too tricky. I'm open to suggestions . . . something cable-ish?

I'd better get knitting.

ps. My fondest regards to Guinifer, who keeps me smiling and knitting every day with her funny blog. And Lorraine, who seems never too busy to give me knitterly advice and help during dance lessons.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

How about my favorite toe-up sock, Widdershins. It can be found here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTwiddershins.html

Guinifer said...

Hey! I resemble that remark!

You could try the charade sock - it's really pretty easy, and very pretty. I linked another new pattern I found today too.

Anonymous said...

Yes... I know... she was my secret pal and infected me deeply. Why not try the Monkey Sock. Easy and worthwile.